Pair piping hot homemade bhature with this Sindhi chole recipe.
1. Soak the chana in 4-5 cups of water the previous night. Next morning cook as follows
2. Boil chana in a pressure cooker with 3 -4 cups of water for 10 minutes after the first whistle. While chana is being boiled get the masala ready.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan or kadhai.
4. Now add cumin seed , let them splutter.
5. Next add green chillies and ginger garlic paste , mix well and add onions. On low flame brown onions till they are light brown.
6. Now add grated tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes till the mixture becomes thick.
7. Drain out the water from the boiled chana and keep aside after adding a few crushed boiled chana to it.
8. Now add the boiled chana to the onions being cooked and put in all the dry spices .
9. Mix well and keep turning around for about 5 minutes.