Sindhi Seviyan or Seyun
Watch Veena aunty prepare Seviyan or sweet vermicelli, the Sindhi way.
- Transfer the sugar into a deep pan
- Add 1 cup water to the sugar
- Coarsely ground 7-8 elaichi (cardamom) in a mortar and pestel
- Separate the peels of cardamom
- Add the grounded cardamom seeds to the sugar and water mixture
- Place the pan on a high flame to let the sugar syrup get ready
- Place the kadai/ deep frying pan on to a high flame
- Heat 6-7 tbsp of pure ghee into the kadai
- Add the vermicelli (seviyan) into the ghee
- Stir the vermicelli (seviyan) in the ghee on a low flame for 10-12 minutes or till it turns golden brown
- TIP: Continuous stirring helps the vermicelli (seviyan) get evenly roasted
- Check on the sugar syrup, once all the sugar has dissolved and the water has come to a boil, turn off the flame
- Add the sugar syrup in the vermicelli (seviyan)
- Let the vermicelli cook in the water
- Stir until the water has evaporated
- Cover the kadai with a lid and let the vermicelli (seviyan) steam for 4-5 minutes on a low flame
- Garnish the sweet seviyan with chopped almonds.
- Serve hot.