Apr 13, 2016
A popular dish from the Konkan coast, this smoked dry mackerel is sure to be a hit with the guests.
1. Roast the mackerel over the open flame.
2. Once it becomes crisp and black, shut the gas and keep the fish to cool.
3. Remove the flesh of the fish and heat a pan.
4. Drizzle coconut oil over the pan and add the fish and let it get a little glaze,
5. Once it is done, shut the flame and keep it aside.
6. Take a mixing bowl and add grated coconut, onions, salt, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, chilli powder and the the fish.
7. Mix it well and serve it.