Sep 14, 2019
Mathri is everyone’s favourite snack and nothing beats homemade mathri. What if we tell you that you can make mathri at your home in a few easy steps? Learn to make mathris from Preetha as she takes you through the recipe and how you can quickly make this yummy snack for any special occasion.
1. In a mixing bowl add ghee and soda and cream it well to avoid any lumps.
2. Add refined flour to the bowl along with red chilli powder, black sesame seeds, salt, cumin seeds and hing (asafoetida) dissolved in water.
3. Knead into a stiff dough by adding water slowly.
4. Rest the dough for half an hour.
5. Roll out a flatbread from the rested dough portions and cut it into the shapes of your choice.
6. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
7. Store into airtight containers or serve hot.