Mathri is everyone’s favourite snack and nothing beats homemade mathri. What if we tell you that you can make mathri at your home in a few easy steps? Learn to make mathris from Preetha as she takes you through the recipe and how you can quickly make this yummy snack for any special occasion.
1. In a mixing bowl add ghee and soda and cream it well to avoid any lumps.
2. Add refined flour to the bowl along with red chilli powder, black sesame seeds, salt, cumin seeds and hing (asafoetida) dissolved in water.
3. Knead into a stiff dough by adding water slowly.
4. Rest the dough for half an hour.
5. Roll out a flatbread from the rested dough portions and cut it into the shapes of your choice.
Preetha�s endeavour is to promote south Indian cuisine through her YouTube channel, Dakshin Curry. She absolutely loves curry leaves, and can fit them happily into in any recipe. For those of you who curse the poor thing, dry roast and powder them or use them in your dishes and enjoy the health benefits she says.