One of the most popular Indian snacks, add a twist to your traditional poha.
2 cups of poha (flattened rice) washed and drained
1 cup karandi (small sized prawns/ shrimp)
2 medium sized chopped onions
1 ½ tbsp of ghee (clarified butter)
1 ½ tsp of rai seeds (black mustard seeds)
1 ½ tbsp of red masala paste
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Chopped coriander leaves 2 inch piece of ginger finely chopped
1. In a heated pan, add ghee and rai and let it splutter.
2. Add the finely chopped onions along with salt, sugar and turmeric powder
3. Put the curry leaves and the finely chopped ginger, red masala paste and stir well.
4. Let it cook for 5-7mins and add the prawns into the mixture
5. Cover the pan with a lid to let the prawns cook for 5 mins. Add the poha and stir well.
6. Let the poha cook for another 5 mins.
7. Garnish with grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.