1. In a pressure cooker, add in soaked tur dal, green chili, chopped ginger, water. Let it cook.
2. In a heated pan, add in red chilies, pepper, cumin seeds and roast them.
3. Ground the spices and keep aside.
4. In a pan, add in the cooked dal, tamarind paste, turmeric powder, salt and let it simmer.
5. Add in the ground spices and let it cook.
6. Transfer this into the bowl.
7. For the tadka, add in ghee, cumin seeds, curry leaves in a heated pan.
8. Add this on top of the rasam and serve hot.