South Indian Naatu Kozhi Rasam
Tired after a long day at work? Settle down with a piping hot bowl of this chicken rassam.
1. In a kadhai or pressure cooker, combine chicken, turmeric, salt and tomatoes. Add 6 cups of water and bring to boil.
2. Cover with lid and cook till chicken is cooked. If using pressure cooker, cook for 2 to 3 whistles. Cool and strain mixture. Shred the chicken pieces and keep aside.
3. In a kadhai, heat 1/2 tbsp oil and add shallots. Sauté for a minute.
4. Add strained liquid, ground powder, required amount of water and salt. Simmer on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
5. In the meanwhile, heat remaining oil and add cumin seeds, curry leaves and chicken. Pour over simmering rasam and simmer for 2 more minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve piping hot.