Jun 10, 2019
1. Firstly, to make the spice mix, take some sesame seed oil in a pan.
2. In the pan, add inch piece of asafoetida, chickpeas (chana dal) and make it brown by stirring it for some time.
3. Then put some white lentils (urad dal) and roast it till it turns brown.
4. Add coriander seeds, black pepper, sesame seeds, dried red chillies and continue stirring. Switch off the gas flame.
5. Put some cumin seeds and continue stirring without the gas.
6. Take it out in a big bowl and then get it powdered.
7. Once it is into a powder form, add salt to it and mix it.
8. Take a pan and add ghee to it.
9. Add the dried neem flowers and get it in a plate.
10. In the same pan, pour some sesame seed oil, then garlic, sprigs of curry leaves, turmeric powder and then the surti kolam rice (cooked). Stir it together.
11. Add the neem flowers in the rice pan.
12. Then add the dry masala made into the pan.
13. Put some salt, stir, cook and it’s ready to serve.