South Indian Style Dahi Vada
Here's a South Indian style Dahi Vada/Dahi Bhalla and they are bound to be a big hit. Deep fried Urad Dal Vada soaked in buttermilk and served in chilled yogurt to treat your taste buds. Go ahead and try this recipe by Preetha
• Soak urad along with rice in water for 2.5 hours. Using no/ minimal water, grind to a smooth thick paste along with salt.
• Add ginger, curry leaves, and green chilies and mix well.
• Shape into vadas and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown on all sides.
• Drain on absorbent paper. • Dip in buttermilk and keep aside to soak until soft.
• Whisk curd with ground coconut, green chili, hing, coriander leaves and salt.
• Prepare to temper with oil, mustard seeds, and curry leaves. Add to curd and mix well. Add wadas and mix in gently.
• Serve chilled.