South Indian Style Kara Chutney Recipe By Preetha
Learn how to make delicious South Indian Style onion and tomato chutney, Kara Chutney for Idli and Dosa by chef Preetha in Dakshin Curry only on India Food Network. #karachutney #chutney #chutneyforidlydosa
1. Take sesame seed oil in a pan and chana dal till it turns golden brown.
2. Add dried red chillies to the pan and then put the peeled shallots. Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame.
3. Sprinkle some salt and put some cloves of garlic and chopped tomatoes. Cook till it softens and then switch off the gas.
4. Put some salt again along with few pieces of tamarind. Let it cool for some time.
5. Transfer the contents from the pan to a mixer jar.
6. Pour some water in the jar and a little more of salt. Grind it properly and take it out in a big bowl.
7. For the tempering, take a small kadhai, add sesame seed oil and let it get hot.
8. Once it's hot then put mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and some hing powder. Mix it well.
9. Pour the tempering over the chutney made and give it a mix.
10. Serve it with idli and dosa.
- india food network
- kara chutney
- onion tomato chutney
- side dish for dosa
- side dish for idli
- how to make onion chutney
- kara chutney hotel style
- kara chutney in tamil
- onion tomato chutney for dosa
- onion tomato chutney for idli dosa
- side dish for idli dosa
- side dish for idli without coconut
- kara chutney recipe
- how to make kara chutney
- how to make kara chutney for dosa