Make in no time and easy to prepare this one pot meal, learn how to cook South Indian Style Vangi Bhaat/ Vangi Bhat by Preetha Srinivasan in Dakshin Curry only on India Food Network.
Vangi Bath is a light spicy rice dish made with sauteed Brinjal, Rice and Indian Spices. It is particularly popular in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra where Vangi means brinjal/baingan/eggplant and Bath/Bhath/Bhat means rice in local language. Due to this, it is also commonly known as the Brinjal Rice.
1/4 cup Dry Coconut/Kopra
1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
3 tbsp Groundnut Oil
1 tsp Chana Dal
1 tsp Urad Dal
1/8 tsp Methi Seeds
2 tsp Coriander Seeds
3-4 Dry Red Chillies
1 Cinnamon Stick
2 tsp Mustard Seeds
4-5 Curry Leaves
3-4 Green Long Brinjal
1/2 Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
2 cup cooked Kolam Rice
Boondi to Serve
1. Take groundnut oil in a kadhai.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green long brinjal, turmeric powder and salt.
3. Stir all ingredients and keep it under a lid for about 1 minute.
4. Add the masala made in the kadhai and mix. Let it be for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Finally, add cooked kolam rice in the kadhai.
6. Add some salt and mix the rice with the brinjal and masala.
7. Take it out in a plate/bowl and sprinkle some boondi over the top.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.