South Indian Style Vangi Bhaat Recipe By Preetha
Make in no time and easy to prepare this one pot meal, learn how to cook South Indian Style Vangi Bhaat/ Vangi Bhat by Preetha Srinivasan in Dakshin Curry only on India Food Network. Vangi Bath is a light spicy rice dish made with sauteed Brinjal, Rice and Indian Spices. It is particularly popular in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra where Vangi means brinjal/baingan/eggplant and Bath/Bhath/Bhat means rice in local language. Due to this, it is also commonly known as the Brinjal Rice.
1. Take groundnut oil in a kadhai.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green long brinjal, turmeric powder and salt.
3. Stir all ingredients and keep it under a lid for about 1 minute.
4. Add the masala made in the kadhai and mix. Let it be for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Finally, add cooked kolam rice in the kadhai.
6. Add some salt and mix the rice with the brinjal and masala.
7. Take it out in a plate/bowl and sprinkle some boondi over the top.
- vangi bhaat recipe
- easy to make one pot meal
- one pot meal recipe
- brinjal rice recipe
- how to make vangi bath
- vangi bath recipe
- vangi bath powder
- vangi bath
- indian brinjal recipes
- india food network recipes
- vangi bhath
- eggplant recipe
- eggplant rice recipe
- one pot rice recipes
- vegetarian indian
- one pot recipes
- one pot recipes indian
- vegetarian vangi recipe
- how to make vangi bath powder