Apr 15, 2016
1. Heat a pan and add oil to it.
2. Put semolina and slightly dry roast it. Once it has roasted, remove it from the pan.
3. Take the same pan and add oil and mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
4. When it just starts to crackle, add grated ginger, green chillies, grated carrots, salt and mix it.
5. Once it has cooked, switch off the flame.
6. Take a mixing bowl, add roasted semolina, cooked mixture of carrots, curd and mix it.
7. Add water to make a thick batter out of it and give it a mix.
8. Take the Idli steamer and pour water and keep it for heating.
9. Take another pan and add cashews and dry roast them.
10. Once its done, switch off the flame.
11. Once the semolina mixture has soaked the water, add a little more water to get a batter consistency.
12. Add baking soda to the mixture and mix it well.
13. Put salt and mix and keep it aside.
14. Take a greased Idli steamer mould and place the roasted cashews upside-down in the center of each mould and then pour the batter.
15. Steam the Idlis for 12 to 15 minutes.
16 After it has cooked, let it cool.
17. Once it has cooled down, demould them and serve it.