1. In a heated pan add in oil, add 1 tbsp pounded ginger and garlic, 1 bowl of onion paste and fry them well till they turn slightly red
2. Once they turn red, add the marinated chicken and mix everything well.
3. Add little water and cover the chicken with a lid.
4. While the chicken cooks on a low flame, take a piece of coal and heat it on a high flame, till it turns red.
5. Once the coal turns red, remove it in a steel bowl.
6. Remove the lid and now add 1 tbsp cashew powder.
7. Once the chicken is ready, make some space in the center and place the heated coal inside.
8. Pour oil over the coal and immediately cover the chicken with a lid. This infuses a smoked or charcoal flavour in the chicken.
9. After a couple of seconds, remove the lid.
10. Garnish with coriander and cream.
Archana shares simple recipes, cooking techniques and kitchen hacks to make delicious Maharashtrian food. Watch Archana prepare simple yet mouth-watering recipes on Archana�s Rasoi.