Spicy Kohlapuri Egg Biryani
Get a taste of Kolhapur with this authentic egg biryani.
1. Boil rice with green cardamom and half of saha jeera till the rice is almost done. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a pan take oil add all the masala fry for a minute. Add ginger garlic green chili paste, fry for a minute, add chilli powder, turmeric powder and Kolhapuri masala.
3. Fry and add yogurt, salt and mint leaves.
4. Cook for 2 minutes. Add boiled eggs, leave 2 for garnishing, add half of the fried onions and cook for a minute.
5. In a deep pan alternately layer the egg mixture and boiled rice. Garnish with remaining fried onions, mint and boiled eggs.
6. Cover the pan with aluminium foil, keep on a tawa and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.