Surmai Fish Biryani
Ditch the fish curry and use the fresh fish to make this biryani instead.
1. Marinate fish using marination ingredients and keep aside.
2. In a deep broad pan, heat oils. Add curry leaves, onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté till onion turns pink. Add tomato puree and sauté for 2 more minutes.
3. Add ground paste and cook well on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add marinated fish and coat well. Gently cook on both sides for 2 minutes each. Remove fish pieces onto a plate and keep aside.
5. In same pan, add rice and cook for 1 minute till masala is well coated. Add hot water as required and bring to boil.
6. Post one boil, reduce flame and cook till water is absorbed.
7. Now gently place fish pieces over rice, cover and cook on low flame till fish and rice is well cooked. You can alternatively layer the rice too.
8.Garnish with coconut and coriander. Serve hot.