Chef Roopa brings us another excellent Thai dish with her take on a Thai Shrimp Soup. Made with a freshly prepared shrimp stock infused with ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and served with mushrooms and shrimp, this delicious Thai Shrimp Soup is ready for you to enjoy in a matter of minutes.
5 cups of water
10-12 large shrimp
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 small spoon sugar
1 teaspoon spring onions
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon coriander
1 tea (lemongrass)
2 dried red chilies
2 red birds eyes chili
4 The leaves of lime
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 tablespoon sesame oil
– Peel and de-vein shrimp. Heat a heavy pan, add shrimp and pour in 5 cups of water.
– Add dried chili, lemongrass, grated ginger, thai ginger, and lime leaves. Let it boil on a high flame for a few minutes.
– Keep the shrimp stock aside
– Heat sesame oil in a pan, add in birds eye chili, cooked shrimp, mushroom. Saute it well.
– Pour in the shrimp stock in the pan.
– Season it with fish sauce, soy sauce and salt to taste. Mix it well.
– Garnish it with spring onions and coriander leaves.
– Your hot thai soup is ready. Enjoy!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
India Food Network or IFN has a mission to take Indian food to the world. It is your one-stop destination for everything food in India. We've got delicious recipes, hungry travellers and tons of culinary fun, created and curated for foodies by foodies.