Thattai is a traditional South Indian snack prepared on the occasion of Diwali. This tempting and crunchy snack is made with rice flour and gram flour. Do try this delicious Thattai Murukku recipe by Preetha and let us know in the comment section.
• In a pan, mildly roast rice flour. We don’t have to change the colour.
• Remove onto a bowl. Add urad dal flour, daria dal flour, salt to taste, hing, chilli powder, sesame seeds, curry leaves and ghee.
• Mix well. Add water and knead to a pliable dough. (If making in large batches, add water only to a small portion of mixture. Make dough fresh. Basically the dough should not be soaking in moisture for a longer duration).
• Using a greased sheet, shape into puris and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and cooked.
• Drain off excess oil and store in an air tight container.
Preetha�s endeavour is to promote south Indian cuisine through her YouTube channel, Dakshin Curry. She absolutely loves curry leaves, and can fit them happily into in any recipe. For those of you who curse the poor thing, dry roast and powder them or use them in your dishes and enjoy the health benefits she says.