Thattai Murukku Recipe
Thattai is a traditional South Indian snack prepared on the occasion of Diwali. This tempting and crunchy snack is made with rice flour and gram flour. Do try this delicious Thattai Murukku recipe by Preetha and let us know in the comment section.
• In a pan, mildly roast rice flour. We don’t have to change the colour.
• Remove onto a bowl. Add urad dal flour, daria dal flour, salt to taste, hing, chilli powder, sesame seeds, curry leaves and ghee.
• Mix well. Add water and knead to a pliable dough. (If making in large batches, add water only to a small portion of mixture. Make dough fresh. Basically the dough should not be soaking in moisture for a longer duration).
• Using a greased sheet, shape into puris and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and cooked.
• Drain off excess oil and store in an air tight container.