A creamy, rich and delicious dish, now you can make your own butter chicken at home.
1. To marinate the chicken, add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, red tandoori colour, red chilli powder and salt to a bowl of curd and whisk it well.
2. Put boneless pieces of chicken to the marinate and mix it.
3. Put the chicken to marinate for an hour or so.
4. Add oil to a pan and put cloves.
5. Add chicken and water and cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
6. Once the chicken has cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and keep the chicken cooked gravy aside which will later be used in the gravy.
7. Heat a pan and add oil and butter to it.
8. Add mace and onion paste containing onions and green chillies and cook it.
9. Put ginger-garlic paste, soaked almonds and cashews and let the ginger-garlic paste cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
10. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt and coriander powder and stir it well.
11. Put the previously chicken cooked gravy and cover it with a lid and let it cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
12. Once it is cooked, grind the paste.
13. Put the grounded paste in a pan and add water to it and stir it.
14. Add the chicken and pour water again and let it cook for 5 minutes.
15. Put fresh cream to it.
16. Take a small pan and put butter, juliennes of ginger, green chillies, nigella seeds to it and pour this in the chicken gravy.
17. Add fenugreek leaves, cardamom powder, lemon juice and stir it well.
18. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Seema's YouTube channel, IFN Ka Dhaba is a place where you can rediscover some of the most delicious and popular dishes from the Punjabi kitchen. If you are looking for north Indian recipes, you know where to stop by.