India Food Network
Jun 22, 2017
1. Add salt to the sliced Aubergine and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan, add 3tbsp oil and shallow fry the aubergine, until golden brown and keep aside.
3. In a separate pan, heat 3tbsp oil, then add 3 chopped onions, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and cook for 2-3mins.
4. Add 50gms pinenuts, 20gms raisins and cook for 2-3 mins, then add 500gms chicken and water.
5. Cover and leave to cook for 25-30mins.
6. After 30mins, layer with aubergine and add parboiled rice, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup fried onion, mint leaves and pinenuts. Cover and cook on high flame for 1-2 mins, then cook on low flame for 10min.
7. Open the lid and place a dish on top of the pan, flip it upside down. It is ready to serve.