A common breakfast dish in most South-Indian homes, uttapam is quite easy to make at home.
1. To make the dosa batter: Soak 3 cups of rice, 1 cup urad dal &1 tsp methi dana (fenugreek seeds) for 4-6 hours.
2. Grind the soaked rice, urad dal & methi dana (fenugreek seeds) into a smooth paste.
3. To ensure the batter ferments well, keep the paste aside for 10-12 hours.
4. To bind the dosa: Add a bit of wheat flour & water and mix well.
5. Season the griddle with oil. Once the griddle is hot, pour a spoon of the batter.
6. Now add sliced onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves.
7. Sprinkle sambar powder for aroma & flavour.
8. Add salt according to taste.
9. Cook for 5-10 minutes and serve.