For the Rice:
1. Wash the rice and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water and add the rice in a heavy bottom pan along with 4 cups of water, salt, tej patta, green cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
3. Cook the rice until it is 80% done.
For the masala:
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Once the oil is hot, add jackfruit and fry until golden brown.
3. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, add ghee.
5. Once the ghee is hot, add shahi zeera and onion and fry until onion is golden brown.
6. Add ginger and green chillies and fry for a minute.
7. Add yogurt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and fried jack fruit and fry for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add mint, coriander and salt and cover and cook the jackfruit until it is done.
9. Add little water if required.
Assembling the Biryani:
1. In a heavy bottom pan, add the jackfruit masala.
2. Sprinkle some golden fried onions, mint leaves, cashew nuts and raisins.
3. Cover with cooked rice.
4. Top with the remaining golden fried onions, mint leaves, cashew nuts, raisins and saffron soaked in milk.
5. Cover the pan tightly and cook on very low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from heat and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
7. Fluff with a fork and serve hot with raita.