Veg Moti Pulao
Chef Pallavi's Moti Pulao or Pearl Pulao is her vegetarian twist to this lost recipe from the royal kitchens of Lucknow. Paneer and cheese roundels are deep fried into pearls and added to a flavourful pulao. This treat for your taste buds is just one of our many recipes to show how India is #UnitedBySwad.
- Mix paneer, cheese, almonds, cardamom powder in a bowl and knead into a smooth dough. Divide into small equal portions and roll into balls.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry paneer balls, on medium heat, till light golden brown. Drain out on absorbent paper.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add black and green cardamoms, cloves, black pepper and cinnamon sticks and saute till fragrant.
- Add powdered spices and curd. Mix it well with a splash of water.
- Add in cooked basmati rice and combine it properly with the masala mixture
- Garnish the pulao with mint, coriander leaves, and paneer moti balls.
- You veg moti pulao is ready to serve! Enjoy