1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (325°F) Gas 3.
2. Put the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment or use handheld whisk.
3. Beat until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Add the oil into the sugar mixture and beat it well.
5. Slowly add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder and continue to beat until well mixed.
6. Stir in the grated carrots by hand until they are evenly dispersed.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth over with a palette knife.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins.
9. Leave the cake to cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
10. When the cake is cold, put it on cake stand and spread the Cream Cheese Frosting over it.
11. Finish with some ginger powder
Learn simple, easy-to-follow recipes from India's best home chefs, and explore fascinating stories about regional food.