Moong (Lentil) Khichdi
- Heat 3 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Tip: Moong dal khichadi tastes good only in ghee, don't attempt it in oil
- Once the ghee melts, add 1/4 tsp hing (asafoetida), 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric) and 1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- Add 2 (to 3) inchs dalchini (cinnamon) and 3-4 cloves
- Add the soaked dal and rice
- Add salt to taste
- Add water to cook
- Tip: Rule of thumb for the water, use twice as much from the quantity of rice and dal.
- Mix well
- Cover with lid
- Tip: For 1 cup dal and rice, we're using 2 cups water. For a stickier consistency, add more water
- Tip: Cinnamon and Cloves are added to spice up the red lentil rice
- Let it cook
- Garnish with pure ghee and serve!