Orange and Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 175 deg centigrade for 10-15 minutes
- Cream 200 gms of butter (at room temperature)
- Tip: The more you whisk the butter, the lighter your cookies will be!
- Add 120 gms sugar
- Whisk well (but gently) till sugar and butter become a white, snowy mass!
- Add the zest of an orange by grating the orange peel
- Ensure the white rind doesn't get fall in as it gives a bitter taste
- Tip: You don't need fancy equipment to get orange zest, just use a regular grater!
- Variations to orange-chocolate combination are coco and ginger powder/ roasted almonds/ pistachio powder...
- Sift half the flour and baking powder into creamed butter
- Patiently mix the flour and butter
- Tip: If the dough feels too dry, add a dash of cold milk
- Add the rest of the flour and mix into a dough
- Tip: You can add coco-powder at this point
- Roll the dough out on a baking tray
- Cut out heart shaped cookies
- Lift the background dough out (use the dough to make more cookies!)
- Bake for 25 mins
- Tip: The cookies are done when they turn light brown
- Take the cookie out and let them cool
- Tip: Take each cookie out quickly so that the steam off the tray doesn't make them soggy!
- In a bowl of molten chocolate, roll each cookie and put them aside to cool on butter paper or clingfilm as they don't soak the chocolate
- Strain out 1 orange juice and add icing sugar
- Mix well
- Drizzle orange juice sugar mix on the cookies!
- Serve with love!