India Food Network
Aug 13, 2015
Ananya Banerjee shows you how to make the quintessential Bengali watery every-day rohu-fish curry. This delicious yet simple recipe is guaranteed to win hearts.
1. Apply salt and turmeric powder to the rohu fish.
2. Heat 1 tbs mustard oil. Fry the fish from both sides. Keep aside.
3. Add 1 tbs oil to the remaining oil. Add kalojire (nigella seeds).
4. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin, coriander
5. Sauté well and add plenty of water to create a watery gravy.
6. Drizzle some mustard oil on top and sprinkle coriander leaves
Cook for ½ a minute and add the potatoes.
powder, green chilies and salt to taste.
Bring the gravy to a boil. Add the fried fish and bring it to boil.